One of the nation’s largest and most prestigious design competitions
Santa Ana, CA – SVA Architects, Inc. June 1 announced that it has earned seven 2017 Gold Nugget Awards of Merit for six different projects, representing one of the most diverse project portfolios recognized. Earning seven Gold Nugget Merit Awards demonstrates SVA’s excellence in K-12, higher education, student housing, single family housing, and public housing renewal. The Gold Nugget Awards is considered one of the Nation’s largest and most prestigious design competitions, drawing hundreds of submissions from the United States and internationally. The awards ceremony will be held on June 29, 2017 at the San Diego Convention Center as part of the annual Pacific Coast Builders Conference.
The Gold Nugget Awards recognizes outstanding planning and design in community and home design, green-built housing, site planning, specialty housing, commercial, retail, and mixed-use categories. Winners this year were chosen from over 600 entries from around the world. SVA’s 2017 Gold Nugget Merit Award-winning projects include:
• Potter’s Lane – Best Affordable Housing Community (30 to 60 du/acre), Attached Residential Housing Project of the Year
• Costa Mesa High School Performing Arts Center – Best Educational Project
• South Campus Plaza at San Diego State University – Best Campus Housing (Faculty or Student Residential – Institutional use)
• Faculty & Staff Workforce Housing at Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo – Best On the Boards Site Plan
• 737 Ferndale – Best Renovated or Restored Single House
• Jordan Downs (in collaboration with Mithun | Solomon) – Judges Special Award of Excellence
The Gold Nugget Grand Award winners will be announced at the awards ceremony, and will emerge from the Merit Awards in each of their categories.
Robert Simons, AIA, President of SVA Architects, states, “We’d like to thank the Gold Nugget judges for recognizing SVA. It serves as an affirmation that we are achieving our goal to create healthier, more vibrant communities to live, work, learn, and play.”
Founded in 2003, SVA Architects has become one of the Country’s most innovative and respected design and planning organizations. The award-winning firm specializes in urban planning, architecture, and interior design of public, private, and mixed-use projects. The company is headquartered in Santa Ana with offices in Oakland, San Diego, and Honolulu. For more information, visit www.sva-architects.com.